Iaido (Japanese swordsmanship) beginners' classes (8 week introductory courses).
Monday 3rd February 2020 (weather permitting)
Monday 11th May 2020
Monday 7th September 2020
Cost per class: £5
Venue: The Studio, Forge Valley School, Wood Lane, Sheffield S6 5HG
Instruction will be provided by 4th dan and 3rd dan instructors with level I and level II coaching qualifications.
Things to do:
Before starting a beginners' course of 8 weeks please do the following:
1. You need to be at least 18 years of age before you start training.
2. Attend and watch a full class (Monday 8.15 pm to 9.45 pm)
3. Register as a temporary member (for insurance cover) for 3 months with the British Kendo Association; cost £10. Join the Sheffield dojo, number 146
4. When attending a course or class please wear some loose clothing so that you can move freely (e.g. a T-shirt and/or tracksuit). Knee pads will be useful as some of the kata are done kneeling.
5. Do not leave bags or valuables in the changing rooms. Bring them to the studio for safekeeping.
8:15PM - 9:45PM
Forge Valley Centre
£5 per session